In the interest of your health & safety, if you are affected by any of the following conditions, you will be required to obtain a referral letter from your primary health care practitioner prior to starting your infrared sauna sessions
Are there any reasons I CAN'T use the Sauna ?? (Contraindications)
Yes, the following conditions are NOT recommended
* Pregnant or lactating moms
* Recent (acute, within 48 hours) joint injury, chronically hot & swollen joints, enclosed infections (either dental, in joints or any other tissue)
* Multiple Sclerosis
* Any HEAT related illness (heat cramp, exhaustion, stroke)
* Medication with a narrow therapeutic index
* Unstable Hypertension
* Severe Hypotension
* Hemophilia and/or a predisposition to hemorrhage
* Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
* Superficial Metallic Implants (i.e.: metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implant due to the reflection of infrared rays by these articles
* Acute or chronic Edema or Lymphedema (swelling if the wrists, ankles, etc)
* If you are taking a medication that may reduce the ability to perspire (i.e.: diuretics, B-Blockers)
How is long can I stay in the Sauna ?
We recommend starting your sauna experience with 15 minute sessions.
What should I wear when in the sauna ??
We ask that you wear a swimsuit or similar clothing (shorts & t-shirt)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING AN INFRARED SAUNA SESSION:
Please remembers that infrared heat is simply radiant energy in the form of a band of light that radiates heat penetrating the skin to a depth of 1 1/2 inches or more. This radiant heat is effective because it warms the body internally, not the air. To regulate the temperature of the infrared sauna during use, open the door for cooling.
* For optimism results, refrain from using the sauna on a full stomach
* it is extremely important to remain hydrated. For best results, drink water before, during and after your sauna session
* Do Not apply excess body lotion to your body prior to a sauna session
* At the first sign of a cold or flu, increased usage of the sauna may be beneficial in boosting the immune system and decreasing the reproductive rate of viruses and bacteria
* As your body becomes more heat conditioned, you may want to have the sauna session increased to 45 minutes or longer. PLEASE REMEMBER TO HYDRATE YOUR SYSTEM WITH PLENTY OF WATER BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER YOUR SAUNA SESSION.
NOTE: Many people with heavy metal, chemical or pesticide toxicity levels may find it difficult to sweat initially. For some individuals it may require 5-10 sessions before measurable sweat volume is evident, but continuous water intake will enhance detoxification. Even without measurable sweat, the infrared sauna is helping to eliminate toxins through urine, bowels and hair.
To to treat your ankles and feet more effectively, elevate them while in the sauna. Any area you wish to achieve a specific deep heating effect should be placed as close to the infrared emitters as feels comfortable.